Even so, it has to be built before it can be certified.
We'll just have to assume that this is for testing and he'll have Moto's and the FCC's approval before he uses it.
Because like you said, this is not a place where we talk about breaking the FCC rules.
I know I wouldn't want the FCC enforcement team tracking me down.

Steve Stroh wrote:

The big difference is that Last Mile Gear is MOTOROLA authorized to do  such modifications, and THEY have had THEIR modifications FCC  certified.

Stating this question in public is a gigantic invitation for  competitors to invite the FCC in for a chat and a looksee given the  now-documented (here on the list) possibility that there are illegally  modified Part-15 gear radios in use.

Thanks,

Steve