From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:03 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 3 ft Dual Pol antennas

I actually got clarification on the Pacwireless solutions yesterday.
2 ft feeds do not work for 3 ft dishes, different lengths.
The PacWireless is a dual pol feed on a 3 ft dish, but only has the gain of
less than a 2 ft dish.
The purpose of upgrading from a two foot to three foot was to increase gain
not decrease it.
So PacWirelesslesses Dual Pol dish today, is a useless product. I was told,
its in engineering now for a redesign.

Gabrial 2ft dual pol- 28.9 dbi   ($350) - best value to day.
Radiowaves or Andrews 3ft dual pol- 32 dbi ($1024) - desperate to get 3 more

db.
Gabriel 4 ft Dual Pol -34.5 db ($1000.)
Pacwireless 2ft single pol - 29 dbi ($180)
Pacwireless 3 ft single pol- 32 dbi ($250) - Very cost effective Option, if
you can live with Single Pol.
Pacwireless Dual Pol (3 ft)- 27 dbi. ($450) - worthless.

There is a clear gap in our options for 3 ft dual pol, and good value.

Four feet dishes are a big pain, won't fit through some hallways and most
roof hatches. And the windload is atrocious, when trying to mount it.

Three feet dishes are MUCH easier to work with, half the windloading, are
safe to install on existing wall mounted masts of slightly smaller diameter
(2.5") left from Teligent and simliar companies.  But yet maximizes the
available DB able to get from an antenna for a link.

I'd really like to see a 3 ft Dual pol option under $600, at some point.
What really is Dish antenna anyway? More or less just a large trash can lid!

How much can it really cost? Its not that difficult. I'd like to see
PacWireless finish the job, and redesign that feed to get the 32 dbi that it

should be able to get.  Or Gabriel to fill in the hole. What I'd really like

to see is Maxrad make a Dual pol version of their 3 ft dish. There 3 foot
single pol dish was the best we have ever tested from a gain point of view,
really sweat.  It out performed all the 4 fts from competitors. Its around
$450 but its only single pol now :-(