What are others doing to resolve these issues with the Linksys WRT54G & GS Routers?  What about openWRT.org firmware?  They claim their firmware works with a long list of Linksys and other devices.  What are your experiences with this firmware if any, I know some of you guys are using it.

Actually they have worked ok for me, so far, w/ sB & Tranzeo bridges.  I had one that worked poorly with Trango 900's so I tried adding Sveasoft firmware, didn't help.  I replaced it with a D-link router and it has been solid for 6 months.
-----Original Message-----
From: Blair Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 01:38 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: Re: [WISPA] linksys conspiracy

After the last batch of linksys router fun, (when they would respond at random as a DNS server on the WAN port!!), we went to Netgear for our recommended routers for customers.

They are pretty much trouble free....  And I have never had to upgrade their firmware...

Kurt Fankhauser wrote:

I know what you mean there on the reset button issue, but I know for a fact that these guys have not reset their routers. Right now I?m running a lot of Tranzeo CPE?s and those don?t have NAT or DHCP built in, except for the newer CPQ?s but those CPQ?s are generating enough phone calls as it is, that?s why I?m trying out some Canopy gear.

Kurt Fankhauser

WAVELINC

114 S. Walnut St.

Bucyrus, OH 44820