Well that's true,  It's also dependant on the technology that you are using,
the antenna is only one part.

Dustin

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 4:11 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 3 ft Dual Pol antennas

Dustin,

>It's disturbing that you take offense when someone makes a profit  for
>building a better product

You have misunderstood. No offense was taken.  My point was that just
because it has a higher price tag does not make it a better antenna.  Many
people assume a name brand means better, which rarely is the case, it just
means they spend more money on marketing.  Also, I just questioned, what
value should be given to a product of a higher price. If I pay twice the
price, do I get twice the benefit from the product? In andrews case, a
better mount does not add value for me, as the competitor mount is already
good enough.  Travis, Posted an interesting point about the Drum design
antenna, that added a much ,arger value for him, getting rid of truck rolls
to the top of the mountain every time it snows daily.  I'd pay an extra $300
for that benefit any day of the week.

I don't mind paying more for value. I just expect to understand clearly what
that value is, and I need that value to be proven.

There may be many on this list including myself, that may not totally
understand all the factors to consider in an antenna.
With Dual Pol 900 Tilteks, I learned the value, and have no hesitance to pay
the price.

We've discussed many reasons, why one antenna could be better than another,
however, not all the antennas we have discussed as a overly priced antenna
possessesthose higher quality traits.

I've considered using Andrews, because the extra, 2 db gain, but I wanted to
know that was infact the case. Manufacturers often do exadurate their spec
sheets. You never know.