From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jason
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:26 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Legal Radio and Antenna Combos - Are there any in
existance?

Everyone,

I am at my wits end. I have searched high and low for a mini-pci radio & sector antenna combo for an 802.11b AP that are legal under the current FCC rules, which by my interpretation are:

1. Total output is 36 dbm or less.

2.  Antenna characteristics must be the same as an antenna that has been

approved for use with that radio, where TYPE refers to antennas with SIMILAR in and out of band radiation patterns.

3.  Antenna gain must be equal to or less than the maximum the radio has

been approved to work with.

I can NOT find a radio that is approved for any antenna with real gain.

I don't want to mind just the SPIRIT of the law, but the law itself. What combos are you other guys who like building your own system. I want to put together a Mikrotik with 3 radios and sectors for an AP. The sectors I am looking at are:

Antenna Gain Width Pol WRW2400-VF/A/H 13dbi 120 H http://www.winncom.com/moreinfo/item/WRW2400-VF/A/H/index.html

DT-AN-24-120H-135        13.5    120    H
https://www.demarctech.com/products/reliawave-antennas/2_4Ghz/DT-AN-24-1
20H-135.html

DT-AN-24-60120V-1521    15    120    V
https://www.demarctech.com/products/reliawave-antennas/2_4Ghz/DT-AN-24-A
S-60120V-2115.html

HyperGainR HG2417P-120    17dbi    120    V
http://www.hyperlinktech.com/index.php

Teletronics                                19    120    H
http://www.teletronics.com/antenna2-419dBSector.html

Teletronics                                22    140    H
http://www.teletronics.com/antenna2-422dBidirectional.html

I am sorry if this table doesn't wrap well on some email clients. I am still looking for a 18 dbi HZ pol antenna with FCC certs because I think it can be used with a DT-RWZ-200mW-WC, although it is pcmcia and I'll have to figure out how to use it with a 500 series RB (Note, there are foreign antennas that have 18 dbi, but don't come with FCC certs; see my last post). As far as I can tell, the CM9's can't be used anywhere. Ideally, I would like to use the 22 dbi Teletronics in my application with a 14dbm radio for the greatest receive gain. Or at least a HZ polarized antenna with decent gain.

Anyway, can someone please help. I appreciate those of you who have helped me to even reach this point.

Jason Wallace
WISP startup

--
Brian Rohrbacher