Hello all,

Thought I'd share a bit of real world experience with the listers regarding amplifiers. We recently replaced three RF Linx amplifiers (indoor, 2.4Ghz, the non-tunable units) with three used YDI (Breezecom labeled) amplifiers. The difference was significant. Signal strength on customer radios increased by about 3db and the noise floor dropped by another 3 to 5db. Performance on those access points also improved considerably, and several previously marginal connections got a lot better. One sight is even showing -72 signal from a Tranzeo 80-15 at 13 miles.
FWIW, these RF Linx amps are an older model (vintage winter 2002).

Matt Larsen