I will add that many of the high end rackmount server boards such as SuperMicro have standardized on some of the Intel NIC chipsets, and they have operated very well for us on our Linux servers. So I second the Intel vote.  Or you can just buy NICs with Realtek chipsets from ICIntracom for $6, which also have worked OK for me, and asve money :-)

From: Mark Nash
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Best Network Card

Definately the Intel EtherExpress Pro.

Mark Nash
Network Engineer
UnwiredOnline.Net
350 Holly Street
Junction City, OR 97448
http://www.uwol.net
541-998-5555
541-998-5599 fax
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:15 AM
Subject: [WISPA] Best Network Card

To All,

What is the most reliable Network card, I have been using 3com 905c, for my MT server, they are discontinued.  What would you all recommend?

I don't want to have to buy 5 cheap ones and keep replacing till I get one that works, I've been changing-out a lot of gear this winter.  Bad choices on my part.  Another story, another time.

Ron Wallace
Hahnron, Inc.
220 S. Jackson Dt.
Addison, MI 49220