----- Original Message -----
From: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] It's been a long road

> Of course they are.  Anyone that thinks they can be untaxed in any modern
> government run operation is kidding themselves.

Then I say, lets be the pioneers and push for something so sensible, it's
radical!

> You WILL be taxed at some point either way Rick.  And like everyone else
> you'll pass those costs along to the consumer.
>
> You STILL have to fill out this form!  You'll be in trouble if you don't,
> taxes or no taxes.....

Frankly, if we don't report, they won't know we're here.    Which is why we
should be fighting this tooth and nail, so that they don't try to impose
even more ugly stuff to compell people - such as classifying ISP's the same
as telcos and subject to all that regulation.

> The 477 is important if we're ever going to stand up with credibility and
> claim that we need more and better spectrum AND are justified in our need
> due to our numbers.

It won't buy us 1 second's consideration and it only makes killing us off
easier, in my view, at least.

> We don't have money for lobbyists, but we do have voters.  IF the powers
> that be know that we have enough it'll matter to them.
>
> The days of this industry being able to fly under the radar or keep our
> heads in the sand are long gone.

Well, i'm not interested in painting the target on my back for them, at
least.

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-