I agree that the FCC sides with the Big Guys often and to the detriment of the small guy. That said, if you don't comply, I can easily see THAT as becoming the end of the industry.
The FCC would add more regulation to get compliance.
It's a rock and a hard place kind of thing.
They CAN find you. They can pull customer lists from moto, trango, et al.

Just showing you the other side of the coin.

But to add another thought: If you didn't like this guideline/regulation/law, why didn't you DO something about it?

Regards,

Peter
RAD-INFO, Inc. - NSP Strategist
We Help ISPs Connect & Communicate