David E. Smith wrote:

Bob Moldashel wrote:

BTW: What happens when the Commission provides my information to someone
who asks for it???  Then what???

I would love to hear the official response to how this is handled.....

Um, did you see that part of the form where you can request the FCC treat
your submission as confidential? Not even the FCC can just ignore their
own regulations, and if they release something after they promised not to,
I'm sure there's some kind of nasty consequences for them.

dave
I read that. But you need to prove to them that disclosure of the information would damage your company and that the information you provide is competitively sensitive.

Directly from the horses mouth.....

"We review requests for confidentiality and non-disclosure on a case-by-case basis. Section 0.459 of the Commission's rules requires an entity requesting confidential treatment to
submit a statement of the reasons for withholding the materials from inspection
and of the facts
upon which those reasons are based.  Mere conclusory or generalized allegations
cannot support a
request for nondisclosure.  Rather, the submissions must show by a
preponderance of the
evidence that nondisclosure is consistent with the provisions of the Freedom of
Information Act, 5
U.S.C.  552. " "

Here is the rule section.  I bet no one here can meet the criteria to get their
info excluded.....

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/09nov20051500/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2005/octqtr/47cfr0.459.htm

Good Luck on that one!

:-)