There is no way they can tax the existing unlicensed frequencies now. How will they regulate all the Linksys routers being sold at Circuit City? And cordless phones that operate in 900mhz, 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz.

Travis
Microserv

Bob Moldashel wrote:

Well...They sure couldn't have timed it any better.

Now we will see how many people file. 24 Hours ago i would have said this never would have occured. Now.....Well...Let me just say I am tired of paying for everything in the "land of the free and the home of the brave"....

-B-

Blair Davis wrote:

Now we know why they want the 477 forms.....

Brian Webster wrote:

Well, it does not surprise me that the government has decided to tax the unlicensed spectrum. Today the Bush administration announced a plan to tax Wi-Fi and other unlicensed spectrum. It is not clear how they will do it yet but the process is in motion. That's the bad news, the good news is they reached agreement on the 5.4 GHz spectrum and that should become available once equipment gets certified. Check the RCR news site for the full stories. Oh well, I suspected that it would not last forever the truly free use of
the spectrum.

http://www.rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=25545
http://www.rcrnews.com/news.cms?newsId=25539

Thank You,