I say whoooa mule!

I think before we jump the gun we ought to see what lies ahead of us. If they plan on taxing the free spectrum it will have to be done at the manufacturers level. There is no way to tax us per device and if we are taxed "per user" - - - then we will just pass that on to the end user. Ultimately all taxes will have to be passed down to the end user - it always has been - - -it always will be. I dont mind paying the taxes, its all that damn collecting and book keeping I hate. It seems that Uncle Sams money always get intermingled with mine and then I try to find ways to keep it :-) From what I have read earlier today its not a done deal ad its just talk at this time. We do need to keep our ears to the ground and our eyes open though and if we can lead the horse rather than eat dust from the Cavalry ahead of us would be a choice place to be.

Mac Dearman
Maximum Access, LLC
Authorized Barracuda Reseller
MikroTik RouterOS Certified
www.inetsouth.com
www.mac-tel.us (VoIP Sales)
www.RadioResponse.org (Katrina Relief)
318.728.8600 318.728.9600
318.303.4227

John Scrivner wrote:

How about if we propose to the Congress that they allow a per base station license to be paid annually for broadband use that gives first in rights to those who launch broadband in a given geography in the channel registered for each base station? Then everyone would have the ability to have access to spectrum with some rights to prevent interference and have something that investors could be comfortable with investing in. This would eliminate the spectrum class split we have now where some have rights of licensed use and others (like us) cannot play in the game without using spectrum with no spectrum rights (unlicensed). The government could have the revenues they demand which they normally get from auctions which I oppose due to the inability for smaller operators to have a chance to buy in.
Just a thought.
Scriv

Rudy Worrell wrote:

Time to organize troops... Nuff said!