I recently was showed a Ashtron. They don't have the high gain of 17dbi like the M2s. But they are really nice from a stability point of view. Their clamps are MUCH better than the M2s, and will stay aligned in place much better.

Did the plastic bag help? I would thing that it were help hold snow and ice in the way, when mounted horizontal, with no drain space between elements.

I would like to see a clear cylinder Yagi cover for the M2s, and a better clamps method for the M2, on my wish list.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry at Mutual Data" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 9:23 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [WISPA] 900 yagi

Hello Brian,

The M2 is the cat's meow..... only caveat is they do not like freezing
rain/sleet. Detunes the elements and performance drops. Ron at
Lightspeed Wireless is selling plastic bags that fit over the
elements. Not a winning solution in my book. Yeah we bought some.

Other really good 900yagi's we have used are Ashtrons. We originally
used Cushcraft but  the thin pigtail sucks big time in my book, breaks
way too easy. We also have 50-75 Pac Wireless yagi's installed, but
depending on what element is used have seen them rust and get water in
them.

We stick with the M2's and are looking for a real plastic cover that
would eliminate the water issue. For panels, the
Alvarion/MTI/Waverider work real well.

Barry

BR> Anyone closer to Michigan than California stock these?

BR> G.Villarini wrote:

Canopy has an N Male, we used yagis from here: www.m2inc.com

Gino A. Villarini,
Aeronet Wireless Broadband Corp.