Is this all just omni's (i.e signal is bouncing of the structure straight
back at the omni causing noise) and what's the preferred for 5.8GHz? Don't
use omni's myself but it always handy to know just in case ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mac Dearman
Sent: 17 February 2006 04:42
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] omni tower separation

I to can kick in some experience here! I mounted an omni one time on top of
a building on a tripod. I shoved the Omni as high as I could reach to push
it up(hehehehe not to high) on the mast and tightened it down. The omni was
not as tall as the mast and was mounted about 3" off the mast.  I checked it

out about a week later and noticed that it always had 900kbps of traffic on
the wireless interface even though there was no ethernet traffic (mrtg
graphs via SNMP) and it really puzzeled me. After stewing over it I decided
it was either a bad radio card or that stinking mast beside the omni - - it
was the mast :-)

 Moral of the story = get some distance from whatever is close!

Mac Dearman
Maximum Access, LLC
www.inetsouth.com
www.radioresponse.org