Rick,

Sweet! You did a heck of a clean job on that cabnet.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Harnish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:26 AM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Ethernet Opto Isolator

I use Signamax fiber transceivers.  They run on 12vDC.  I still run AC up
the tower with 12 guage wire in EMT conduit to a box with a regulated 12v
power supply.  I have attached a photo of a recent box that has fiber
running down a 260' tower.  The fiber transceiver is on the left side.
There is also a Hirschman 4 port switch with a fiber port beside it.  We
wanted to try both and allow some redundancy.  I doubt if I put two in the
next application. In this case we ran 12 strand hybrid fiber up the tower. It was over kill but we had enough extra left over from another job that it was convenient and cheap to use. There is also a Corcom RF isolator inline on the power leads. I designed this box to combat a recent installation of
a 7000w FM radio transmitter mounted 10' below our system.

Rick Harnish
President
OnlyInternet Broadband & Wireless, Inc.
260-827-2482 Office