Or how about automatic sector failover that puts no traffic on the network
when things are working correctly. Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: Lonnie Nunweiler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 12:02 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mesh Equipment

Tom, what if you could take the Cell/Sector system and add some
routing that determined when a path had stopped and chose another one.

You have controlled this by your choice of units to make those cross
connections and really all that is happening is that the mesh routing
is constantly testing to see if it needs to try another route.

We used to do this manually and what a pain it was.  This new routing
does what I used to do, except it does not sleep, have bathroom breaks
or go out for lunch.  You can assign weights to connections and force
your chosen route to get used, at least until it goes down, which
hopefully never happens, but if and when it does you are covered with
your alternate path.

What is so terrible about that?

Lonnie

On 2/24/06, Tom DeReggi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Brad,
>
>  I agree. Our downtown Mesh versus Cell/Sector trials proved exactly that>
Our tests showed that the cities like DC could be better served with
> Cell/Sector models more effectively.
> As a matter of fact, Alvarion product, appeared to be well equiped for
that
> task.
> I think projects like Phili's will bring a rude awakening. I can't prove
> that, but there is no reason for me to.
> Thats the point of modelling. So you can pre-dict BEFORE you spend.
> Its the Muni's budget to pay for, to find the true answer, not mine.
>
> Tom DeReggi
> RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
> IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

I'm
> > simply asking for more detail, so that I can learn from your experience>
>
> > --

Lonnie Nunweiler
Valemount Networks Corporation
http://www.star-os.com/

This mail passed through mail.alvarion.com

********
viruses.
********