To: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "477INFO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 6:32 PM
Subject: RE: [isp-wireless] Fw: [WISPA] FCC Form 477 Due March 1st

Marlon, I think you are answering the questions.  A few observations:

What about colo/hosting customers (in space leased from telco)? T1
(telco leased) customers?  (no? they should be reported by the telco?)

Customers linked to us via city-owned fiber?

FCC wants counts of connections TO paying customers' homes and business
locations that terminate THERE at "broadband" speeds. (You've gone over
what speeds are "broadband" in this data collection, Marlon.)  Do not
report "backhaul".  Do not report connections provided to other ISPs (or
to telcos or cable TV companies) that they use in the guts of their own
ISP network operations (or telecom or cable TV network operations).

If "City" operates like the PUD you work with, Marlon, "City" reports.
If "City" itself sells "broadband"-speed transmission service to the
family or business, and WISP sells them the "value added"
Internet-access capability that rides over that transmission service,
then "City" reports the connection.  (Similarly, if I bought DSL service
from Verizon but was addicted to AOL's welcome page and unique content,
I would pay extra to AOL and Verizon would report the DSL connection.)
If WISP is buying "dark fiber" from "City" on a long-term lease
arrangement, if that fiber goes all the way out to the paying customer's
home or business, and if WISP is adding the electronics that "light" the
fiber, then go ahead and report those connections.

"Telco" should report any of its T1, etc. it knows are connecting all
the way out to a home or business location and used to deliver
"broadband"-speed Internet-access service.  But this may look like plain
vanilla "special access" or "private line" to "Telco", in which case it
wouldn't report the connection to us.  So, if WISP Internet-access
service is riding over a service, such as T1, leased from "Bell",
"CLEC", or "long-distance wholesaler" -- and that T1 goes ALL the way to
WISP's paying customer's home or business -- then it's probably fine to
go ahead and report it. (That's "fine" in the sense that we won't have
double-counted connections when we add everything up.)  But I'm not sure
how relevant this is, since I'm under the impression -- perhaps
incorrectly -- that leased T1 etc. are mainly used for "backhaul".

Do cable companies (using wireless of a few varieties for backhaul to
the
CTMSs) need to fill this out?   But only for each customer, not for
backhaul links?

Cable TV companies mainly report cable modem service.  No one should
report "backhaul."