From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jeromie Reeves
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:23 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Gov't Gets One Right

I said the same thing on the moto wireless list. We are being pushed to be eaten by the larger wisps or closed down. I do not like it and can only try and fight it but I have no idea how. Hopefully wispa knows the direction as i do not thing part-15
knows.

Jeromie

Pete Davis wrote:

The faster it becomes a "fundamental human right" the faster we migrate from being entrepreneurs, and start becoming the same level as

water workers, sewer workers, trash pickup, postal workers, and whatever. The more the government gets involved with something, the worse it gets. When the bureaucrats get to making things like this a required service (which they inevitably will in our lifetimes) then there will be no difference than a utility or postal service, with prices capped and profitability extinguished. Another thing that will take us this direction will be the mass consolidation similar to the 250 phone companies that all became AT&T in the first part of the 1900's. They all were either bought up or squashed by the competition.

Maybe we won't all end up like that. Hard to say.

Pete Davis
NoDial.net

chris cooper wrote:

Not to shoot myself in the foot here, but a "fundamental human
right"?
That's just grandstanding.  Take a hit from the reality pipe- people
are
homeless, people starve to death right here in the good ole USA.  The
list could go on and on about folks whose basic needs and rights are
not
being met.  Im with Tom- many people just aren't willing to pay what
the
service costs. I wish they were though.....

Chris

"Broadband is a fundamental civil right and human right," Bill de
Blasio,
a city council member, said during the session on Wednesday.