Mac, you're right, but the local-dialing problem is the one Johnny's trying to solve, with NO CALL FORWARDING involved, which would incur him extra charges... The problem is this company's customers in the local area dialing them 9 - 12000 minutes / month, and if they're dialing a 337-774 number now, there's NO WAY you can get local numbers to that on PRIs or BRIs or T-1s - only POTS in Johnny's facility, which then incurs huge charges. The ONE option I suggested to Johnny was getting an 800#, and call forwarding the local 337-774 numbers to that 800#, but then that company would pay for the toll-free minutes....

No easy away around it at the moment, I'm afraid...

Mac Dearman wrote:

The fact that you may not be able to port that particular number shouldnt be a problem. I would never take 100% of the POTS lines out of any business any way. Roll that important number into the * box as an inbound line only and have it roll over the calls to the VoIP lines. It would never do anything but have inbound phone calls coming across it and could serve as a backup in case their WISP decided to take a vacation during the busy season and the wireless goes down. :)

J'O - if you have wireless to all his locations now - - you could knock out those lohg distance charges to day by carrying his traffic across your network. Of course there would be a little ole small fee for that eh? :)

Holler if we can help

Mac Dearman
Maximum Access, LLC.
Authorized Barracuda Reseller