From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Larsen - Lists
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 3:21 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] VoIP/PBX Gateway appliance

<RANT>
I've got working VOIP on my network, beta-tested and ready to roll out but
without e911.  I like VOIP, because I have people subscribing to our service
just so they can get Vonage and ditch their land line - but this whole e911
thing is a fscking nightmare.
At what point does it make more sense to say screw the 911 and just go
forward?  Aren't there a bunch of VOIP providers out there doing this
already? The cellcos have bought out their 911 requirements year after year. I sense a court case in the making that will either force 911 adoption or throw it out for voip carriers. It is definitely a gray area
right now.

</RANT>

Matt Larsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tom DeReggi wrote:

Revenue: 174.0 million net Loss $189.6million our marketing expenses were $176.3million."/
Wow.

That would support my arguement that there is no part of the equation more valuable than the portion responsible for the unique access to the consumer via a verticle sell.

So if I'm a wireless company, and its just thirty seconds to say, "would you like a VOIP phone with that broadband service" at order time, its worth gold. Way more than 10-14% commissions. Should we be paying our wholesale VOIP provider only $5 out of the $25 that we charge? Thats what it would infer by Vonage's numbers above.
Maybe Vonage should have taken partners more seriously?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>