-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Robert Kim Wireless Internet Advisor
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 11:14 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: $ drop on EVDO HSDPA etc... Re: [WISPA] Is it worth the time
andmoney?

Guys, i heard a rumor that by the time Cingular rolls out HSDPA across
the country, Verizon will reduce their EVDO prices.not a huge
revelation BUT the implications are pretty big...

before wimax has a real chance to root, the cell carriers will likely
have stolen most of the early market share.

Besides.. .sprint is allready selling evdo 580 cards without a
nationwide footprint disclosure.

so... looks to me like the carriers have broad control... anything i am
missing?

bob
http://wirelessinternetcoverage.com

On 5/2/05, John Scrivner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Broadband is worthy of an install fee and reasonable monthly service
> fees so why is this even an issue to discuss? I have plenty of takers at
> $250 install and $40 per month. I have two guys running as fast as they
> can building POPs and installing customers. We will add about 500
> wireless customers this year if this pace continues. If Americans are
> behind then at least we are growing. Eventually everyone who needs /
> wants broadband will get it and we do not need a rush to give billions
> of dollars in federal aid to make it happen.  Let the free markets build
> where there is demand and we will all be just fine.
> Scriv
>

> Dawn wrote:
>
> > George,
> >
> > I assume you do not charge an install fee for dial up?
> >
> > I am not suggesting anyone lowers their price just to get customers.
> > That makes no business sense at all.
> > My point was OUR costs need to be lowered to so we charge less.
> >
> > If broadband was $10.00 a month with no install fee how many takers do
> > you think you would have?
> > (Not that I am suggesting that is any kind of target price. I am just
> > throwing this number out to make a point.)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dawn

Robert Q Kim, Wireless Internet Advisor
http://evdo-coverage.com