To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: VoIP termination

I assume those numbers don't require a commitment on minute volume. If so, those are seemingly strong offerings. However, I would assume this is over the internet termination, which we find unacceptable for several reasons not the least of which is QoS. Additionally, I have found many of these providers have no ability to deal with fax traffic. Then of course you get into the problem of LNP, CNAM, and E911.

-Matt

Brian Whigham wrote:

I don't know what volume Matt's dealing with. But, I haven't checked the lowest prices in a few months; so my interest was piqued.

Here's what I found. If anyone has any experience with these providers, let me know. Both provide IAX2 and SIP.

sellvoip.net (since '97)
Product     Monthly Cost     Setup Cost     Usage Cost
Local DID     $1.00     $1.00     $0.011 per minute
Toll-Free DID     $1.00     $2.00     $0.020 per minute US 48*

LNP available
DIDs were local to many rural GA areas (where I am)

plainvoip
USA termination - $0.009
Toll-free terminatoin - $0.005
6/6 billing

Currently, I use voipjet.com and voxee.com with much success. Domestic rates are $0.013 and $0.011 per minute, respectively. I think they both bill 6/6.

Brian