Title: Message
Dustin,

I'd like to see those screen shots.

In case interested...

I had reviewed the spec sheet of Andrews 3 ft, Gabriel 2ft, 2ftHQ, 4ft, 4ft HQ and compared.
Understanding that this is theory based on spec sheets being accurate, this was my finding...

2ft HQ dish did great (best of 3) to prevent colocation interference.
However, 4ft dish (regular) did much better at preventing front interference.
However, Andrews 3ft, came pretty darn close to the performance of 4ft dish, at 3ft ease, price, and windload.
Of course 4ft HQ dish beat them all in all categories, but at a hefty price and windload.

Analyzing three sites in question, each site was better off with a different one of the antennas based on the need of the site.
Site 1: The 3ft, needed high gain, some noise in front, but no other antennas on the roof.
Site 2: The 2ft HQ, lots of colocation noise, but landlord not allow 4ft dish. (used 2ft over 3 ft, as msot noise was colocation based)
Site 3:  The 4ft HQ, lots of colocation noise, 4ft mounting OK, lots noise in front, and every db counts.

I'm going to put them to the test next week when they arrive.

Here were actual compulations from spec sheets, (averaged data).

Degrees are number of degrees off center, not total beamwidth.

2ft compared to 2ft HQ

aboutsame until...
-60 deg off center,4 db more for HQ
-90 deg off center, 12 db more for HQ.
-180 deg off center, 9 db more for HQ

summary: no benefit to combat front end noise. Great for colocations noise, and limited antenna seperation.

4 ft compared to 2 ft HQ

4 ft much better than 2ftHQ till 58 deg.

at 7 deg,  4ft 9 deg better
at 40 deg, 4ft 5 deg better

at 58 deg both antennas are equal at -32 isolation.

at 90 deg, 2ftHQ -40 db isolation, 8 db better than 4ft
at 180 deg, 2ftHQ -46db isolation, 4 db better than 4ft

however, 2ftHQ still significantly better for colocation noise.

Andrews 3 ft - 4ft

at 7 deg, 4ft 9 db better than Andrews
at 10 deg, 4 ft 5 db better than andrews
at 20 deg, 4ft 8 db better than andrews

at 40 deg, both about the same at -32db.
(steady slope to 90)
at 90 deg, andrews -38, 6 db better than 4 ft.

at 119-180 deg, both at about -42.

Summary, 4 ft better for front interference (below 35 degrees).
however, Andrews has equal colocation protection, and better verticle speration, and 4ft dbi, at 3ft ease and windload.

Andrews 3 ft - 2ft HQ

at 4 degrees, andrews -13, 11 db better than 2ftHQ
at 7 deg, about the same

at 10 deg, andrews 5 db better
at 12 deg, the same
at 20 deg, andrews 4 db better
at 40 deg, andrews 3 db better
at 90 deg, 2fthq (-40) 2 db better
at 180 deg, 2fthq (-46) 4 db better

Andrews 3ft - 4ftHQ

at 3 deg, 4fthq 3 db better
at 7 deg, 4fthq 8db better
at 20 deg, 4fthq 4 db better
at 40 deg, 4fthq 5 db better
at 72 deg, 4fthq 7 db better
at 95 deg, 4fthq 15 db better

Note: It is understood noise will rise with antenna gain, so increased dbi should not be considered regarding interference resilience, for side of link with interfrence.
However, increased dbi will still add benefits on other side of link.
So a higher gain antenna would still be more beneficial in some respects.
So a smaller HQ antenna may not help the other side as well as the higher gain antenna.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband