Blair,

Where can I get this outdoor, shielded, flooded, cat5 with drain wire for about $80?
That is about what I'm paying now for simple outdoor rated cat5.

Thanks,

Blair Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I use a outdoor, shielded, flooded, cat5 with drain wire.

About $80 or so per 1000ft. The drain wire is awg 24 or so, but, it
serves the purpose of bleeding off the static charge and protecting the
ethernet port on the radio and the computer/router. I have had no
ethernet port damage on CPE's or towers that I have used this on and I
am retro-fitting my existing towers with it.

I ground it to the home electrical system at the power injector when
used with a CPE.

It is not very pretty, but it works.

--
Blair Davis