To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:12 AM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Fw: [Board] Television Whitespaces Position Paper - Version 2

A typical BTA for a MMDS or ITFS build may only be 24 Mhz. Half of what
you're saying isn't enough (50 Mhz). Some projects I'm working on have a
whopping total of 10 mhz.

I remember Patrick disagreeing with the contention based protocal in 3650
not the amount of spectrum.

Like I said before, the alternative is for more efficient radio systems and
not gear that takes up a 20 mhz channel to get you 6-10 meg's like most
systems being deployed today in the name of cheap, interference resilient,
or whatever other name you put on the product. I would aurgue the point that
the FCC wants more efficient use of our unlicensed bands now and in the
future. Brad