Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:10 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] RE: Solectek Skyway 7000 -- Follow Up

I’m not stuck in the 1950s.  I’m not looking for vacuum tubes and 100lb power supplies to justify my purchases.  I could go to a number of other vendors and get the same 802.11a setup for $700 or less.  The pictures speak volumes and it seems a fair number of the subscribers on this list got a lot of information on the product from the pictures alone.  Others asked for my list and I sent it.  I don’t need Airaya suing me, so I’ll let their hardware do the talking.  I know for a fact I have cost them a number of future sales based the responses I’m receiving from other members who were considering their product for future deployments.

I sent you the same list of 15 or so items so you can make your own call.  Here is one that I really love:

https://secure.airaya.com/proddetail.asp?prod=AI108-4958-O-050

http://www.connectronics.com/airaya/index.html

http://shop.wirelessguys.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.346/it.A/id.2395/.f

Notice where it says AES encryption?  It’s listed on every PDF and vendor page I have seen for the unit.  It was a deciding factor in my selection of this unit.  It will be a really great feature when it is actually implemented.  You get WEP for now.  Would have been nice if there was an asterisk there telling you “AES Support Coming in Quarter 3 2006”.

Matt