*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:53 PM
*To:* WISPA General List
*Subject:* Re: [WISPA] RE: Solectek Skyway 7000 -- Follow Up

Thanks for the list. I've passed it on to Mike at Airaya for comment.

One of MY big selling points on the Airaya gear is that it's NOT 802.11a like the others (Tranzeo, MT, StarOS, etc.) that you're likely thinking of.

It uses the 802.11a CHIP to keep costs down but they've put their own firmware on the radio. I'm running these units in a rotten environment and they work better than my Trango distribution system at the same tower sites. Fewer ping losses, higher speeds etc.

laters,

Marlon
(509) 982-2181 Equipment sales
(408) 907-6910 (Vonage) Consulting services
42846865 (icq) And I run my own wisp!
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless <http://www.odessaoffice.com/wireless>
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam <http://www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam>