My opinion is that a $100 discount will not be enough to justify term extensions by the end user.
You have to define how beneficial it is to you to get longer term contracts.
You might find the need to give a a free month per year extension.
You might also find customers leanient to want longer than 1 yr term agreements based on the doubt in Wireless and wanting try before commit. Getting a 1 yr term in Wireless is a million times harder than getting 3 years with known wired services.

Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:15 PM
Subject: [WISPA] CPE Cost Ideas Needed

I'm about to get my first WISP up and running but the major factor that's holding me back is the initial cost of the CPE's.  I've decided to go with WaveWireless (formerly WaveRider) 900Mhz but the lowest prices are around $350 or so.  I've been thinking of pitching the service by saying the following:

Option 1:  1 Year Contract and install is $295.95.
Option 2:  2 Year Contract and install is $195.95.
Option 3:  3 Year Contract and install is $99.95.
Option 4:  4 Year Contract and install is FREE.

Anybody else have any suggestions to help offset the initial cost per customer in this regard?  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Joshua M. Andrews
Support Corps of America