The link to the original (PDF) NPRM 04-186 is
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6516214773

FCC Search link - http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.cgi Search
for 04-186 for the list of comments.

FCC WTB - http://wireless.fcc.gov/
The Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (WTB) handles nearly all FCC domestic
wireless telecommunications programs, policies, and outreach initiatives.
Wireless communications services include Amateur, Cellular, Paging,
Broadband PCS, Public Safety, and more.

FCC WTB News Releases - http://wireless.fcc.gov/releases.html

I would also recommend subscribing to the FCC Daily Digest -
http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Digest/subscribe.html

Frank Muto
Co-founder -  Washington Bureau for ISP Advocacy - WBIA
Telecom Summit Ad Hoc Committee
http://gigabytemarch.blog.com/     www.wbia.us

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I do not have the  link to the proceeding but t is known as 04-186 and a
quick Google should get you to it. It is on the FCC.gov website someplace.
Anyone have a link to it? The power limits are spelled out there I believe.
The public process on 04-186 is complete now. We will have what we have
according to that proceeding. It is a good rulemaking for us. I think we
should be able to ask for some adaptations in the future which could allow
for some protections if we show substantial use of the band for public
safety, government, economic development and general good of the public.
Most of you guys already do this so it should be easy. For those of you who
have not tapped into the killer application of public safety (police cars,
firetrucks, civil defense, disaster preparedness, etc.) you need to get
with the program. If you become the best friend of the head of your (EOC)
Emergency Operations Center for your county then you will have a ticket to
do most anything you need to "protect and serve" using good spectrum in
your community. I whole heartedly believe this is the path to entrenching
us into the fabric of communications from now on in our service areas.
Cheers,
Scriv

Dylan Oliver wrote:

Has there been any word on what the power limitations in the
whitespace band will be? Or is this up to the FCC when the bills pass?
I wish the band was WISP-only, and registered like 3650 to keep things
proper.

Thanks,
--
Dylan Oliver