Hi everyone,

SaveTheInternet.com is launching Monday (more info below) and I would encourage ISPs to sign on to the coalition -- especially since it's our networks that are going to be the first folks discriminated against if network neutrality gets completely dumped (Brand X being only the beginning). You can sign up here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=675152044966

It takes about 60 seconds.

--Sascha

***

More info on the coalition:

SavetheInternet.com Coalition Statement of Principles

We believe that the Internet is a crucial engine for economic growth and democratic discourse. We urge Congress to take steps now to preserve network neutrality, a guiding principle of the Internet, and to ensure that the Internet remains open to innovation and progress.

Network neutrality is the Internet’s First Amendment. Without it, the Internet is at risk of losing the openness and accessibility that has revolutionized democratic participation, economic innovation and free speech.

From its beginnings, the Internet was built on a cooperative, democratic ideal. It has leveled the playing field for all comers. Everyday people can have their voices heard by thousands, even millions of people. Network neutrality has prevented gatekeepers from blocking or discriminating against new economic, political and social ideas.

The major telecommunications legislation now under consideration in Congress must include meaningful and enforceable network neutrality requirements to keep the Internet free and open to all.

Here are some of the Web site’s features:

    * Statement of Principles:
       http://www.savetheinternet.com/=principles

    * The SavetheInternet.com Blog: http://www.savetheinternet.com/blog/
      Featuring regular updates and commentary on the state of the
      campaign. The blog is also a tool for feedback and discussion from
      activists and organizers.

    * The Coalition Profile: http://www.savetheinternet.com/=coalition
      Keeping tabs on our growing numbers

    * F.A.Q.: http://www.savetheinternet.com/=faq
      Untangling often complex issues of network neutrality

    * Press: http://www.savetheinternet.com/=press
      Gallery of Coalition press releases and coverage

    * Action: http://action.freepress.net/campaign/savethenet
      Petition to Congress

    * Map: http://www.savetheinternet.com/=map
      An interactive guide to tracking House Commerce Committee votes
      and calling Representatives.

    * Coalition Sign Up: *Tell other organizations to join the
      Coalition at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=675152044966

At the moment we’re more than 40 organizations. We expect this number to
increase in size and scope before we officially “launch” the Coalition
during a Monday press event.

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President