Matt Larsen Wrote:
> Every WISPA member should be watching their area diligently for
> muniwireless opportunities in their area, and working hard to get in on
> the ground floor...WISPs should be taking a proactive, positive stance toward > muniwireless efforts. The munis are our most powerful allies right now, and > we should be working WITH them, not against them.

Hear, hear! I'm relatively agnostic about who provides the network infrastructure, I just want to see the best services for end-users. And sometimes that means private organizations, and sometimes that means municipal owners, and often it means public-private partnerships. What's really important is that we be proactive in getting our foot in the door when municipal networks are on the table -- because there's a natural synergy that we could be tapping into that would benefit us greatly.

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President