Marlon,
I have not seen one; but I have heard of them. I feel silly addressing you since you are one of the 'experienced' people on this list.

Someone from USDA (or HUD, can't remember) came and presented funding options for rural wireless network buildout at a rural broadband conference that I attended this past fall (http://www.nespal.org/unwired05/program.htm). One must ensure (due dilligence) that there are no networks that are already servicing the area. It appears that the fellow in your post is doing just that in order to qualify for the loan.

The loans can be spent on infrastructure and equipment only. They can not be used to rent towerspace or upstream bandwidth. And they can't be used for salaries. Per the speaker, the loans aren't that hard to qualify for. And they can be for large amounts.

I'm sure you'll find more details on the website that he posted below.

Sorry if I was totally off base; I wasn't quite sure what you were asking.

Brian Whigham
Yonder Networks
888-770-3421
www.yondernetworks.com