Here is the email I sent out to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list.  Anyone belonging to a "state"@wispa.org list should send a similar email out to those perspective lists.  Obviously, you should change the contact for your appropriate state.  Those can be found at http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/recd_map.html.

Scott and others,

A company called “Open Range” has applied for an RUS loan for a nationwide wireless rollout.  They have sent out public notices to newspapers all over the states.  I didn’t see it in my local paper but the Huntington Herald Press ran it and a customer alerted me of it.  According the notice we have 30 days (less now) to file papers showing our service areas.

The Indiana contact for the RUS program is:

Allen D. Deforest Illinois

5523 South Cardwell Road Indiana

Bloomington, Indiana 47403

(812) 825-3727

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Incumbent Broadband Providers need to file a “Legal Notice Response Form”  which is found at http://www.usda.gov/rus/telecom/broadband.htm.  The link to the form can be found in Application Materials.  Coverage Maps are required to be attached to the form.  The date of the notice was 4/17/2006.  I would get the forms in by the 10th of May to be safe.

Respectfully,

Rick Harnish

President

OnlyInternet Broadband & Wireless, Inc.