Supports EGSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, WCDMA (3GPP Rel4), EGPRS, GPRS and 802.11g/e/i. What option do you have in SW Wisconsin?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dylan Oliver
Sent: 01 May 2006 12:10
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] wireless bridge and poe injector

Oh, you mean those phones with that fancy GSM technology they got over there in Europe but will probably never serve SW Wisconsin because the license holders are only interested in serving the half of one of the 15 or so counties in this Cellular Market Area which contains the Big City of Madison? Oh, and they don't respond to inquiries about subletting spectrum.

Actually I've been looking at the Treo 700w, which is CDMA and has Wi-Fi adapters available. However I'll bet Verizon has disabled all the useful features, much like it did with bluetooth on my moto v710. MobiVoip.net has something in beta. Is it really so hard to put a softphone on these things?

Best,
--
Dylan Oliver
Primaverity, LLC