From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Liotta
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:46 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Save the Internet (Net Neutrality)

Content is supposed to get a free ride since we all sell data pipes. If
a customer buys 1 meg of data service from me then they are free to use
that 1 meg for whatever they want. If that isn't enough bandwidth for
what they want then they better buy more. Over time will the customer be
able to buy more bandwidth for less money? Sure, that trend has been
going on for a long time now. Does that mean content providers are
getting a free ride? No, they still have to pay transit costs on their
side. Although, we are certainly peering with as many content providers
as we can to reduce our transit costs and increase our customers'
quality. Its pretty hot shit when you are 4ms away from Google and you
don't have to pay for it.

-Matt