To: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] International Links

AFAIK- It is still illegal to shoot unlicensed bands across the US-Mexico border! That being said, everyone does it! In some Mexican border towns, they get around it by "greasing" the local Perito..(SCT rep- like an FCC agent) hand to give them a permit. I heard of group in Monterrey that supposdely set up clients as HAM radio operators "experimenting" with 2.4GHz.. I do not if that is true but it is moot since unlicensed is allowed in Mexico with almost the same rules as US. I recommend a good spectral analysis before they deploy. Most border areas are noisy!!! Hasta Laters, Jaime ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>