Yeah, and look out if you're on the same electrical circuit as
Where the maid plugs in the vacuum.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Whigham
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:49 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Netgear Wall Plugged Ethernet

Brian R.
I agree with the other two posts by Jack and JohnnyO.  They are nifty
devices.  I use the FD4070 Belkins (think that's the model).

But, I don't really think using these in commercial applications is a
good idea.  I have had problems with having to reset both devices
(primarily on the uplink end).  If you're not there to reset
(unplug/plug) them, it is a huge pain.  Saves $ but makes you look bad.

Plus, the links are generally only a meg or two with marginal links
(maybe less).  I tried to use them at home, to share internet with my
neighbor, and had issues about once a week, requiring a reset.  I'm in a
tri-plex and there is one unit between us.  Link quality depended on
what jack I used.  The best link was about 3.5Mbps (per the SNMP tool).

You probably can do more with the unused wire you mentioned.  But, how
much irritation/distrust will it incur when you have to walk the
customer through these issues over the phone.

Good thing is, it's easy to explain how to unplug and plug the device in
over the phone. :-)

Still, they're best as cheap solutions for homes and tight-fisted
lawyers.

Luck,
Brian W