From: Charles Wu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:34 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] This is HUGE!

Some interesting statistics -- 30% of the WISPs who attended our last WiNOG
"claimed" on their surveys they had been in the wireless business for more
than 5 years and had more than 1k wireless CPE deployed in the field

Less than 10% of them claimed to be "pure-play" license-exempt fixed
wireless providers

This is why we call them Wi- "NOGs" instead of "ISPs" nowadays

Don't forget, a lot of rural telcos / CLECs / ILECs (e.g., the "enemy") have
gotten into license-exempt fixed wireless...

-Charles

P.S. - I heard a rumor that the current UL market leader, Motorola Canopy
sold close to $100 million in gear last year alone

CWLab
Technology Architects
http://www.cwlab.com