can one hijack a subdomain or pages on ebay.com?
the first click is click3.ebay.com

the whois stuff on ebaymainstreet.com is definitely bizarre but...

this message is copied in My Ebay in my online message box. so pretty
sure it's legit.

now, will they change around how they send a message like that in the
future - i'd bet money on it.

~fred