I'm using NStreme on both the AP and client devices. Would these figures not
reflect the same thing in an NStreme environment and if not why not?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David Sovereen
Sent: 03 June 2006 15:49
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mikrotik Virtual AP

Following up to my own post...

Short of removing the RF interference (relocate CPE, cut down a branch, a
tree, etc), about all you can do is increase the gain of the client's
antenna.  As an alternative to looking at the jitter and packet loss at the
IP layer, these numbers will help you quantify whether or not you are
improving the customer's connection (and as a result, the performance of all
customers on the same AP).

If you take TX Frames and divide into TX Hw Frames, subtract 1, and ignore
the negative sign or multiply by -1 (i.e. ((TX Frames / TX Hw Frames) - 1)
* -1), you will get the percentage of retransmits.  This number should be as
low as possible.  High retransmit rates affect the service and performance
of all customers on an AP.

Dave

989-837-3790 x 151
989-837-3780 fax