Scott,

Excessive pings is often a symptom of a poor wireless link. I would check to be sure that:

a) The customer's antenna is high enough to provide a good signal back to the access point

b) The link is not overly long

c) There is no hardware problem in their antenna system or radio.

jack

Scott Reed wrote:
I had a customer call to say there connection had not been working well today. I started to see what is going on by ping the radio. I get 2 replies for almost every ping. Average was about 1 at 45ms and one at 56ms. The times are longer than normal, but my question is, how do I get 2 reponses to a ping? No duplicate addresses, I checked. The other way I know there were 2 pings is one of the MTs that is between me and the customer showed 2 times the download as upload speed in torch, and I was the only one talking to that radio.
Suggestions on what I need to look for?

Scott Reed
Owner
NewWays
Wireless Networking
www.nwwnet.net <http://www.nwwnet.net/>

Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993
Our next WISP Workshop is June 21-22 in Atlanta, GA.