From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Liotta
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:43 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: about 70Mbps for under $6K

Our setup requires the following:

1500 bytes for payload
4 bytes for VLANs
4 bytes for LDP
4 bytes for EoMPLS header
18 bytes for Ethernet header

That means we need an MTU of at least 1530. I only specified 1532 since that is what Canopy and Orthogon use (Trango supports 1600). Unless 1512 is your payload size, not your frame size your radios can't be used to backhaul an MPLS network.

-Matt

Patrick Leary wrote:

Matt,

I just got the reply to your question: the maximum packet size is 1512.

Patrick Leary
AVP Marketing
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628