From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 6:47 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: about 70Mbps for under $6K

Patrick Leary wrote:

>Matt, to further your comments that you see WISPs providing layer 2
transort
>for carriers.

We have multiple CLECs and non-CLECs buying layer 2 transport from us
now. All are used to buy alternative access from fiber providers and
therefore fixed wireless was a naturally next step. Further, almost all
indicated they would have done it sooner, but the fixed wireless
companies they approached weren't willing to offer them layer 2 transport.

>How about VoIP? How many of you consider VoIP to be an
>important part of your service future as a WISP? If so, how do you plan to
>support since it cannot be done decently with the other popular 5GHz
>solutions. That's not my opinion so much as the opinion of many larger
>Trango and Motorola WISPs I have been talking to lately.

We are doing a significant amount of VoIP now. We have VoIP customers
running on top of both Trango and Canopy radios. Canopy is a
significantly better solution for VoIP since we can properly prioritize
voice with Canopy, while we cannot with Trango. We also wholesale VoIP
to other operators and help them --if they require it-- with getting
their network ready to support VoIP.

>If a key goal of WISPs is growing ARPU, what are WISPs plans for doing that
>with whatever your current technology permits?

I believe VoIP is the number one way to grow ARPU and the fact that we
bundle VoIP is why I believe we have one of the highest ARPUs in the
industry.

-Matt

viruses (191).

********