Can you give more details on the versions that require a license key? What will they cost? What features will they have specifically? What is FIPS 197? Could this FIPS 197 service allow for service to medical facilities also? I would like to be able to approach the hospitals, doctor's offices, clinics, etc. and let them know I can build them compliant secured wireless offerings for their data over my wireless network. Could this do that? What about financial data? Banks?
Thanks,
Scriv

Patrick Leary wrote:

Si I may have mentioned this briefly in passing, but version 4.0 for
BreezeACCESS VL and BreezeACCESS 4900 will be commercially launched in the
U.S. and Canada on July 3rd. Version 4.0 is the most major firmware re-write
ever done on VL and it was specifically created to produce massive VoIP
benefits for those operators wanting to a VoIP play along side of the data.
It also can be used to for major video gains as well.
With this re-write we enabled VoIP QoS that results in over MOS 4 (toll
quality) voice performance while massively increasing the number of calls to
288 calls per sector (G.711 CODEC). The previous BreezeACCESS VL version had
a MOS of 3.74 and 40 calls per sector.
This specific feature, called "MAP" (multimedia application prioritization,
also called WLP - wireless link prioritization), will be available in a
license key and only those wanting to do VoIP will need it. Another key that
will be offered with 4.0 is for FIPS 197. Only those needing that will need
to get the key (i.e. those doing federal business). The license key is
already included in BreezeACCESS 4900 versions. All other benefits of 4.0
are part of the free upgrade.

Free features part of the upgrade features include:
- packets per second to over 40,000 pps (compare to another popular 5GHz
product that has a pps limit of 1,800 pps)
- a configurable lost beacon threshold for improved performance in high
interference environments
- automatic channel size selection (CPE side) for auto find of either 10MHz
or 20MHz with 5MHz steps
- simpler and faster best AU mode
- automatic AU TX power shutdown if Ethernet link disconnects triggering CPE
to sync with next best AU
- low priority traffic starvation prevention when demand is high for
priority traffic
- support of 802.3 QinQ VLAN for secured transport of users' VLAN inside
operator's VLANs
- call admission control (dynamic resource allocation protocol - DRAP) with
Alvarion gateways used with the VL (and BreezeMAX) CPEs

The full benefits of the version 4.0 upgrade can be fully realized with all
rev C and rev D hardware versions.

Let us know if you have questions.

Patrick Leary
AVP Marketing