I'd like to point out that it can work the other way, when the telcos and
cabelcos demand a premium above the normal price to be able to access all
services or have your VOIP phone work at all, or watch live video, or any
one of a number of items.

IF you think that backbone providers are going to begin filtering or
prioritizing or deprioritizing traffic, then your scenario may hold, but
unless the backbone provider is also the CONTENT provider, I don't see that
scenario happening.

When or if the big boy providers begin charging a premium for full service
access at the last mile, then I'd say that provides an opportunity for us
independents, not harm.   However, seeing the utter chaos and complete lack
of common sense that has prevailed in and around our industry since it's
inception, I'd say predicting which of the above scenarios holds
true...well... might be an exercise in futility.

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-