I'd take whatever this says with a LARGE load of salt.

For instance, this paragraph:   "New franchises? Verizon's FiOS and AT&T's
Lightspeed are inferior services. We're 16th in broadband because they
companies conned the American Public and never delivered. Asia has 100 Mbps
services for $40 bucks... and we have?"

This is misleading, if you want to be diplomatic and kind to the writer.
If you want to be blunt, it's a stupid lie.

There are many reasons for this:   One, every "cheap" service that gets
brought up is NEVER cheap.   The retail price to the consumer is low, but
the consumer is usually paying a massive tax premium far in excess of
Americans to buy a service they neither need nor want.

Population density for many of these deployments is usually many times what
it is here in the US, and real cost of providing service to far-flung rural
areas isnt' cheap.

We pioneered most of this stuff.   American dollars often paid for the
research and the development that made these things mass producible in
countries that didn't invent a single iota of it.

If we're 16th in broadband acceptance by consumers, it's because consumers
aren't buying it.   Figure out why, and you have your perfect marketing
tool.

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-