Good idea. Definately would be cheaper, if considering the advertising budget.
However, not sure it would be cheaper from support perspective.
everyone knows how to plug in a phone, and enter their credit card info on a web form But do something complicated :-), like plug in a microphone/headset, click setup on a CD, or find the options tab to correct sound card problems, that becomes expensive over the phone for support.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] ATA - SIP Adapters

It would be far cheaper to send them a "SET-UP" CD that includes copies of AVS anti-virus, Ad-aware, and other security software. And has a softphone client on the CD. Soft Phone can be pre-set.
CD would have to be autoplay with a GUI.

Tom DeReggi wrote:

I think this would be a great sales pitch.

Currently send a Linksys ($60) out with every new broadband subscriber at install. Why not spend the $18 more and make it a VOIP linksys router with a sticker on the top, plug in phone, goto www.getxxxx and instantly activate voice service. It could be cheaper to always have the VOIP option sitting there and ready than to market it later?
(VOIP ATA/Router down to $78, this is super value hard to argue with)
The only exception might be, I may not want to promote VOIP to all customers, such as with low link quality.