From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:23 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] www.fon.com - a threat to us all? - back to net
neutrality

I understood Charles post regarding net neutrality, that you summarized also

very clearly.
My point is that Net Neutrality conflicts with other laws and regulations as

well.
So voting for some thing for one reason, could also mean voting against it
for another.

For a strong Net NEtrality act, you'd aahve to allow FON, but for other
leegal matters, you'd have to deny FON.  So it becomes a compflict of which
issue is more important to protect? Whcih has precidence?

Thats what Congress and ISPs have to decide. Its not a right ro wrong
answer. Its what answer has more (or more important) rights than wrongs?

I think Home Land Security/Law inforcement/ Privacy advocates, and Net
Neutrality experets really need to be ALL working on the Net neutrality
issue together, because its all intertwined.  What I see happening is a
bunch of conflicting regulations being passed, with out rtealizing it when
getting voted on.