On 6/27/06, George Rogato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I understand the reasoning behind "why" a lot of operators want to do
this or think it's a good thing. But, in my market, cable and DSL
doesn't charge this way. And I'll have to admit that I like to do video
across the net watching news etc.

Unfortunately the market place has ruled out metered or measured
broadband. So we need to think about the future, and the future is a
busier network. Not sure I'd want to start charging by the bit at this
point along the way.

(just wondering) Do you have something to back up the statement that "the market place has ruled out metered or measured broadband", or only assume so because you do not see it being done? I know WildBlue, for one, meters bandwidth usage and limits it aggresively when one oversteps the allotted amount. And it sounds like Mac is doing pretty well with bandwidth caps. So how again exactly is a usage limit "ruled out"?

Best,
--
Dylan Oliver
Primaverity, LLC