I haven't tried the LOS range because if I have LOS to the 900 then I have
LOS to 2.4 and 5.x and my "druthers" are to connect to those instead.

YMMV, but the 900 is not a magic bullet! I do have clients connected up to
2.5 miles NLOS, but it's really close to NEAR LOS rather than NO LOS. The
clients I have connected that are really through dense tree tops of .5 to
.75 mile are experiencing no troubles, no lost packets and connect at my
shaped level of 1250kbps/256kbps and have a signal level of -77/-79

This is out of one of my SUs - note the distance & signal levels - this is
skimming about .5 mile of tree tops w/NLOS & never a moments problem
although not the best signal levels!

#> su info 1
.

[associated] y
[distance] 1.8
[rssi at ap] -79 dBm
[rssi at su] -77 dBm
[ip] 10.10.100.53
[subnet] 255.255.255.0
[gateway] 10.10.100.1
[mac] 00 01 DE 17 01 A1
[hw ver] 0005
[fpga ver] 04041202
[fpga cksum] 1F376DBC
[fw ver] 1p3
[fw cksum] E061CF34
[fw datecode] 04110802
[Filter for Broadcast/Multicast] OFF
[Auto Scanning AP] OFF
[TCP/IP Service for AP] ON
[HTTP service] ON
[TCP/IP Service for Ethernet Port] ON
[default channel and antenna] 1 h
[active channel and antenna] 1 h
[tx power] 26 dBm
[Group ID] 0
[ch#1] 906 [ch#2] 912 [ch#3] 918 [ch#4] 924
Success.

Mac